Originally Posted by jesse
We are considering home schooling also. I also want child to reach or understand their potential and to feel good about self.

But how, it is a difficult job...
In terms of the difficult "how" of hsing for us, the cost of me not working pt out of the home is the biggest issue. I'm trying to figure out a way to make a little money from home.

In terms of the difficult "how" on getting dd want to learn and feel good about herself, that one is certainly harder, but it also has larger risks if not done. I was at a presentation on perfectionism and gifted children the other night wherein the speaker (the GT consultant for Jefferson County schools in CO) said that "creatively gifted" children (out of the box thinkers like dd9) are more likely to have eating disorders and/or to commit suicide than other children. Honestly, that really scared me given that we have a family hx of both.

Dd9 and I don't really get one another the way dd11 and I do, so it is a harder thing for me to reach her, but I am trying really hard. I'm just having to find other ways such as willingly and happily doing things she likes doing but I don't and trying to find a way to turn her interests in fashion design and make-up artistry into things that can relate to school.