Yes - he is pretty much the absent minded professor and has been for a long time. On the same day that he completed aleks level 6 (in 2nd grade after working on it on his own for 1 week), he forgot a form to participate in a school activity. His teacher asked him to call me to ask if I could bring in the form quickly.

DS8 always has trouble on the phone. According to his teacher - DS8 dialed the number - then listened for a bit, said okay a couple of times and then hung up. His teacher asked what I said and DS8 told him "she said she would call me back". His teacher said that it didn't make any sense for me to say I would call my son back at school so he called back and got the answering machine. Apparently my poor son thought he was talking to me and just got all confused. (We have been debating an auditory processing test - seems like more evidence that something could be a little off in this respect.)

I guess the good thing is that he was so happy about finishing his pie with aleks that he didn't really care about the missing form!