Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 391 guests, and 14 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Gingtto, SusanRoth
    11,429 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    #5976 12/14/07 05:39 PM
    Grinity Offline OP
    OP Offline
    OT I know, but I have many warm memories of playing monopoly also. Here's the thing. I love to deal out the properties in the begining of the game and have at the trading right away. DH says this is cheating.

You can guess what he says about the following house rules we have always loved -
    Snake Eyes (double 'ones') - instant 500 dollars
    Land directly on Go - 400 dollars instead of 200
    Land on free parking - collect 500$ plus whatever fines have been payed throughout the game. when someone lands on Free Parking, another 500$ goes right into the middle.
    Making deals that say: You can land for free on my properties if I can land for free on your properties.
    Custom that when a person is about to lose, they may join the team of a stronger player, and continue as a partner.
    Making a rule in the begining if it's ok to let one player take advantage of a less experienced player or if it isn't. And trying to stick to the rule.

Thanks
    BTW - I'd like to see an awareness of the various levels of LOG fan out into the general population so that IDing potential HG/PG kids is much less of an issue. I am so grateful for the poster on this board. We are each a blessing, so play nice, ok?

Trinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com
    If you like Monopoly, you should love Monopoly, electronic banking edition. DD7 got it for Chrismas, swiping those cards we were traveling through the board practically at the speed of light. The property prices are adjusted for inflation so it made for some fun mental math along the way.
    I give it a thumbs up.
    Incog

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by indigo - 05/01/24 05:21 PM
    Technology may replace 40% of jobs in 15 years
    by indigo - 04/30/24 12:27 AM
    NAGC Tip Sheets
    by indigo - 04/29/24 08:36 AM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs