Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 275 guests, and 29 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Gingtto, SusanRoth
    11,429 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    M
    OP Offline
    M
    I spoke with the Director of the Open Enrollment program tonight and she shared a little more information with me. So, I am of course, sharing...

A few people have begun asking about next year and our future in the program. I was assured that as long as we maintain the protocol set by EPGY, mainly that we maintain the privacy of the group, and I maintain my interaction with EPGY on everyone's behalf, things will continue as they are. So everyone please remember that all new enrollments must contact me first, and that all interaction with EPGY regarding this program must be throught me. If I can't answer a question or correct a problem I will forward it to EPGY on your behalf. smile

She did share that they will be removing some schools that are not meeting these requirements of the program. frown We are not on that list and I have every intention of making sure we don't get on it.

When we start getting into March or April you will see a new option on the login screen, to renew and pay for your courses for the next school year! It will be that easy.

I will be attending another webinar with EPGY on December 8th. There will be tutors from the individual program there to answer any questions that we might have, so feel free to share if there is something you have a question about and I will try to have it answered for you. I will also be getting more information about the RAW and Intro. to Algebra courses at that time.

Hope that puts some of your minds to rest for next year.

EPGY OE Volunteer Group Leader
    Dear Melissa

Thank you again for all of your hard work on this. Our DS7 loves the program, and it has made a great supliment to his school work.

Thank you

Edwin

Thank you for all you are doing, and if there is anything you need help with just shout!

I am more than willing to "give back" and "volunteer" where needed. :-)

JC

Woo Hoo! Thank you so much, Melissa- EPGY is FABULOUS and without open enrollment we wouldn't be able to partake.

We appreciate all your time and effort as the SSA/Group Leader!

Mom to DYS-DS6 & DS3
    M
    M
    Hi. I was wondering if I could get some information on EPGY. We have decided to homeschool our DS4.5. He is at home now; but we are taking it easy on him after a bad school experience this year. He has been home for almost 2 months now. I did just find your original post; so I am re-writing this. At my son's age. Is the Math part the only available part? This is fine, I am just asking. He is only at 1.6 grade level reading at this point; so language arts if out, as I have read. He will probably be there for next year though. I will click on your original posted link to see where it takes me. Nay other info from anyone else woudl be helpful. I am trying to get my ducks in a row for starting hs-ing loosely after the holidays; so that he isn't totally bored to death with me.:) Thank you!

Last edited by Mom0405; 11/17/09 08:09 PM.

M
    OP Offline
    M
    http://giftedissues.davidsongifted.org/BB/ubbthreads.php/topics/52282/1.html

I think this is the original thread. There are at least three. It might be easiest to click on my name and search my posts. smile There is also another on this page right now with links to another thread. Feel free to PM.

EPGY OE Volunteer Group Leader
    Q
    Q
    Thank you, Melissa. DS is finally willing to give EPGY another try. Nice that they've made the effort to make it a little more exciting for the younger kids with the music and color. A step in the right direction. I like it b/c I'm confident that it is a good, comprehensive curriculum.

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 05/03/24 07:21 PM
    Technology may replace 40% of jobs in 15 years
    by brilliantcp - 05/02/24 05:17 PM
    NAGC Tip Sheets
    by indigo - 04/29/24 08:36 AM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by Wren - 04/29/24 03:43 AM
    Testing with accommodations