Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 243 guests, and 19 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    ddregpharmask, Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Harry Kevin
    11,431 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
    OP Offline
    YEs, that helps! I emailed them and will hopefully hear back tomorrow. I even searched my online email which hasn't been deleted yet and it's not there. It may have went to my other email and that trash has been emptied. I have two receipts but not the download email. mad And I never delete things like that. So I guess it has to wait. You guys got me all excited and I know I have show extreme patience and delayed gratification.

Last edited by Dazed&Confuzed; 09/20/09 06:52 PM. Reason: changing the glaring here to hear
    OP Offline
    I FOUND IT!!!!!!!!! I just went to my email and randomly clicked on the page to activate Firefox and the email popped up!!!! It actually came in BEFORE the receipt so I was looking AFTER that time frame. WHEW!

Dazey (not as confuzed)

LOL!

JB

OP Offline
    Ok I registered and DS did the prime number tutorial. But can you have multiple registrations for different members of the family? he's playing under my username but I'd like for him to have his own.

Ok that was pretty weird my just randomly clicking and it being the ONE email I had been searching for, for over 15minutes?

Insert spooky music here.....

Last edited by Dazed&Confuzed; 09/20/09 06:53 PM.
    Yeah, I found that out after the fact as well. One user name and password. I just log in DS on my behalf and then he does the lessons. I've decided that I want him to do the lessons *first* and then the missions. Since we switched computers, he re-doing the first 5 missions, but going forward after that we'll do online tutorials then the game.

JB

Follow up: The game is really sinking in. This morning DS (correctly) told me about the laws of mathematics (Distributive, Communicative, Inverse Identity...) It's harder for him to pronounce the words than to explain the concept laugh

He's also starting writing a series of "books", one for each mission. I'm glad that he's incorporating writing into his interest! (And I'm a little bit proud of him because at open house the teacher was talking about getting children to use proper capitalization for a single sentence, and he's correctly using quotations for character dialog, commas, etc.)

Good stuff!

JB

OP Offline
    smile (to the 9th power)

C
    C
    Originally Posted by JBDad
    This morning DS (correctly) told me about the laws of mathematics (Distributive, Communicative, Inverse Identity...) It's harder for him to pronounce the words than to explain the concept laugh
    Forgive me if I'm misreading your laugh and having a humour miscommunication, but I think that's the second time you've typed "communicative" for "commutative" and I don't like to think that you may be correcting your DS from a correct pronunciation to an incorrect one... reassure me?!

Glad it's going well. I reckoned it seemed likely to be too scary for DS for now, but did order Descartes Cove which looked a little friendlier (though it's probably not for just yet). We'll see. He was very interested in the info re fiery eggs in TA, so thanks again.

Email: my username, followed by 2, at google's mail
    Ha! I'm sure you're right! I'm going to have to re-review the material myself

smile

JB

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    2e & long MAP testing
    by millersb02 - 05/10/24 07:34 AM
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 05/03/24 07:21 PM
    Technology may replace 40% of jobs in 15 years
    by brilliantcp - 05/02/24 05:17 PM