Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 358 guests, and 20 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Gingtto, SusanRoth
    11,429 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 2 of 2 1 2
    C
    OP Offline
    C
    NJ Mom.....I can't thank you enough for your post. It was so helpful to read and I really agree with everything you said. I was hoping someone may have been in this situation with their own child and your experience is so helpful to hear about.

In my gut, I know there is nothing wrong, from a disability standpoint, with my son. I do think these folks are well meaning, but he is just fine.

Kriston, your suggestion about finding some MG kids to hang with is a good one. I need to put my head to how best to make that happen. I think you are right though...a little bit older and bright would be a good match for him.

Chris, I am sure you're right about the aging up thing. And yes, it's not making friends so much as choosing to play with children on the playground rather than hang out on the bench with the teacher. he's not a big outdoor kid to begin with and he'd rather sit on the bench and give his teacher story problems. smile

Thanks to all for the input. It helps alot.

C
    OP Offline
    C
    Just to wrap this up....

I had a very nice phone conversation with Dr. Amend last night and sent over the report and all sorts of forms and information on G today. We're going to do an evaluation (including whatever sort of test a 4 yr old can take) in late September. He said that the test he intends to do with G will take about 1.5 hrs. I need to figure out which one that is.

Anyway, I let the Mental Health people know that we were going to get the 2nd opinion and hold off on the play therapy decision until that time.

Thanks for your input everyone...it means a lot to have such a great sounding board.

Originally Posted by CatherineD
    He said that the test he intends to do with G will take about 1.5 hrs. I need to figure out which one that is.

Either the WPPSI or the SB5, I think... Right?

Kriston
    F
    F
    Yes - sounds right Kriston.
    Catherine - this group has kept me sane through some very tough times. It makes me feel good to know that I can help and that some good will come from the difficulties we've endured.
    Keep us posted on Dr. Amend. Make sure you tell him what you know in your heart to be true. Let him know where you don't agree with the educators.
    Good luck!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 05/03/24 07:21 PM
    Technology may replace 40% of jobs in 15 years
    by brilliantcp - 05/02/24 05:17 PM
    NAGC Tip Sheets
    by indigo - 04/29/24 08:36 AM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs