Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 420 guests, and 40 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    ddregpharmask, Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Harry Kevin
    11,431 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    #44621 04/15/09 08:06 AM
    OP Offline
    Let me preface this by saying that this is not directed at anyone in particular......

I joined this forum because I needed people who understood to bounce ideas off of and get feedback. I feel like I'm stumbling through the dark alot of the time in trying to make the best choices for my son. He alternately fascinates me and scares me.

Lately i've noticed alot of "sniping" going on on these boards and it bothers me. When I ask for opinions, I don't expect everyone to have the same one. This board wouldn't do me a bit of good if you all did! If you post a problem/question on here you have to expect differing views depending on other people's knowledge and personal experience. I don't think there is anyone on here that is trying to be contravers1al just for the sake of a "charge". If you don't want to hear what other people have to say then why post a question?

I value every opinion and suggestion i'm given. I appreciate the opportunity that i'm given here that is virtually nonexistent IRL. I would hate to see this forum turn into some sort of clique where we are identified by opinion.

We all want the same thing, what's best for our kids.
    [u]So can we PLEASE all play nice in the sandbox?[/u]

Shari
    Mom to DS 10, DS 11, DS 13
    Ability doesn't make us, Choices do!
    E
    E
    Thanks Shari!

I'll raise my hand and admit this gloomy cold rainy weather is having an impact on me smile

Looking forward to better weather next week! The sandbox will be much more fun then.

I also think that this might be the season for lots of frustration as we all try to plan the best solutions for our children for next year. A lot of people (myself included) use this board to vent.

I remember back in September/Early October there was a lot of the same thing since many people were frustrated that thier plans were not working out to be expected.

I actually view of lot of the issues as Mama bears all trying to protect their cubs. It's sometimes just instinct. I actually try not to post much when I am angry and frustration about my own family situation.

Crisc
    OP Offline
    There is a big difference between venting and go after someone else. Venting is healthy and IMO completely necessary to survival with these kids!

Shari
    Mom to DS 10, DS 11, DS 13
    Ability doesn't make us, Choices do!

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    2e & long MAP testing
    by spaghetti - 05/14/24 08:14 AM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by mithawk - 05/13/24 06:50 PM
    For those interested in science...
    by indigo - 05/11/24 05:00 PM