Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 331 guests, and 20 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Gingtto, SusanRoth, Ellajack57, emarvelous, Mary Logan
    11,426 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    T
    OP Offline
    T
    I never heard of the spore thing!
    Star Wars is it w/my DS6 for now until he completes the 200 or so levels UGH!!! Well at least he does read the cheat sheets and those things are hard to read that is the only good thing!
    If I had to do it over we would not have let SANTA buy it for xmas!!! So think carefully about getting it LOL!!!!

Originally Posted by kimck
    Ha - my brother and I were much the same! And our mom was our partner in "crime". We had an original atari and Nintendo system.

DW went back to college FT a few years ago.

During class break, she'd pick a new videogame and master it in a few days. I'd fall asleep and she'd stay up playing.

One game was Age of Empires.

One night I watched over her shoulders while she started it with little men placidly chopping wood while she read the directions.

The next morning I woke up and she was flipping across the screen so fast I got seasick.

The action I did finally catch had giant siege engines rolling over terrified villagers. She was laughing maniacally.

She wants me to teach her Chess...I am SOOO afraid.

Originally Posted by Austin
    The action I did finally catch had giant siege engines rolling over terrified villagers. She was laughing maniacally.

She wants me to teach her Chess...I am SOOO afraid.

Lol! Sounds like you should be a'feared!

Thanks folks for the game suggestions. Ds is interested in pokemon diamond or something like that.

MON, would you mind elaborating on Animal Crossings. I'd seen it and considered it for the girls but I haven't purchased it yet. I was wondering what it was like and why the kids liked it.....

TIA!
    Neato

F
    F
    I like Animal Crossings. It's like you live in a town and you have to go fishing, catch bugs and sell them for a living. The animals move in and out of town. You talk you the animals, play games with them and solve their problems. It's fun and relaxing. There are festivals in town, fishing tournaments, and in special holidays, like Christmas, Santa will visit your town. I see that as a girl's game. DS doesn't like it as much.

Cindi
    Thanks Cindi. It might be a good one for DD6, just because the fast moving games bother her visually. She was playing guitar hero and after a few minutes ran out and said it bothered her to look at the screen. Pukes in the car...etc......

I'll see if I can get it used, then I can return it no problem it doesn't work for her.

We seem to have the opposite problem at our house. The girls are always up in my grill or up to some kind of trouble around the house. You know to be worried when it's quiet!

I'm probably the only mom in America who could be heard shouting(on occasion, only!):

GO SIT DOWN AND WATCH T.V. RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Neato,

I say that to DS2(Fric) and DS4(frac) constantly. Neither one of them is a tv watcher and it's impossible to get 2 minutes!

Shari
    Mom to DS 10, DS 11, DS 13
    Ability doesn't make us, Choices do!
    Oh, I hear you! I try to throw my kids outside when it's even halfway-decent weather, but in the winter, when Mommy needs her alone-time...I must confess that I use TV and computer games as my friend and sanity saver!

Kriston
    Mia Offline
    LOL--I loved that ds was a tv-loving baby/toddler! I *loved* that I could plop him in front of Baby Einstein and, later, Dora and Diego, and count on an uninterrupted half-hour.. It was enormously helpful in getting stuff done around the house!

With his gaming, though, he's much more interested in interaction than he is with tv. It's kind of awful! Honey, I don't know if you should pick the item with +3 spirit, or the one with +3 strength! smile

Mia
    Some of the toys my kids play with are just as bad. Do I REALLY want to hear all about this Bakugon or that Pokemon creature?

No! I really don't!

And DS7 is just about as bad about retelling the plots of TV shows he has watched. He goes on and on...

I can feign polite interest for about 3.67 minutes before I just have to say, "Sweetie, get to the point and then go play. I just can't listen anymore!" eek

Kriston
    Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 04/21/24 03:55 PM
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM