Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 455 guests, and 11 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    ddregpharmask, Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Harry Kevin
    11,431 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    #37407 02/07/09 12:35 PM
    OP Offline
    For those of you that know my situation about preschools in my area, you know mine was not so much a choice of going to the schools and picking the one that best fits my DD but putting our name on a waiting list at many and hoping and praying that we get a call back. So I got the call yesterday and my DD will be starting a playbased school 3 times a week in the fall. I am hoping that the effort will be good for her socialization. Not that hers are all the bad. Since starting dance she really is coming out of shell and more willing to talk to people and not clam up as much. I can't imagine the learning process will be much. They teach the Wee-Learn Curriculum with comments such as:
    - celebrates each child�s unique qualities and instills multi-cultural appreciation,
    - fosters individuality and creativity,
    - emphasizes a love of books and reading, and
    - teaches children to be respectful of nature and responsible in their use of the resources God provides

All great and important to us but when looking into the curriculum for 'age-appropriate' it is all stuff that DD has been able to do since before 18 mths. I really am hoping that the pre-school will either provide her more challenging things or just be more of a socialization experience for her. Because if not then we really don't have any choices since it means back on waiting lists and waiting another year.

So I guess I am wondering if anyone else has experience with this type of program and what they thought of it?

I guess I am hoping that as long as I don't really expect too much from it the school will be fine.

H
    H
    Congrats! I do not have any experience with the curriculum but I hope it works out well for you guys!

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    2e & long MAP testing
    by SaturnFan - 05/15/24 04:25 PM
    psat questions and some griping :)
    by SaturnFan - 05/15/24 04:14 PM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by mithawk - 05/13/24 06:50 PM
    For those interested in science...
    by indigo - 05/11/24 05:00 PM
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent