Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 391 guests, and 14 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Gingtto, SusanRoth
    11,429 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    K
    OP Offline
    K
    Independent Documentary Seeks Child Prodigy/Interesting Soul for film!

Does your child have an interesting story to tell? Is your child especially talented, spiritually or mentally unique? Do you want to have a short film to launch your story out into the world?

Subject must be 14 years or younger. Must live in NYC area. Minimal time commitment.

Graduate film associated with world renowned New School in Manhattan.

ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY!

No pay but a timeless, beautiful, professional and unique portrait of your child.

If interested, please contact Kristine at kristinelorefice@gmail.com

Kristine-

Just for the record, you posted on the board for kids who are both gifted and learning disabled (twice exceptional). You may have a better response on a different forum.

Also, few parents readily identify their kids as "prodigies". For me, a prodigy is a child (age ten or under) who performs in a particular area at the level of an *accomplished* adult. Most true prodigies are extremely gifted in either math or music. I suppose it is possible to say a child is a reading or language prodigy, but I haven't actually heard of any myself.

Is this going to be a cut the kid to ribbons type reality show, or are you really looking to educate people about highly gifted children?

Curiously,

Reading these posts reminds me of a really wise thing a mom said to me - "I never allow publisity about a child of mine's talents, only about their actual accomplishments."

Isn't this a great guideline? Afterall, we are trying to send the message that they have to develop their talents into something that enriches the world.

Another guideline I've heard is to only allow publisity if the thing they have produced would be newsworthy independent of their age. So if what makes the accomplishment interesting is solely that they are "only 14" or "only 7" then many parents I know would skip the offer.

As you can see Kristine, I'm pretty discouraging about media. As parents we have to look at the big picture. But I will offer this encouragement. Where ever you live, there are "1 out of 100" children and "1 out of 1000" children. So the child you are looking for is probably on you city block, or your place of worship, or the kids of your classmates. If you have a personel connection with the family, you have a much better chance of gettting a "yes." Or you can just go down to your local high school and ask if any children "bus over" from the middle school for Math, or other courses.

To be honest, I think that the interesting story is the story of the school staff who have moved heaven and earth to better accomidate individual students. Better yet if you can find any staff who helped children with behavior problems in elementary school find peace and good behavior through gradeskips.

Best Wishes,
    Trinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by indigo - 05/01/24 05:21 PM
    Technology may replace 40% of jobs in 15 years
    by indigo - 04/30/24 12:27 AM
    NAGC Tip Sheets
    by indigo - 04/29/24 08:36 AM