Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 231 guests, and 15 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Gingtto, SusanRoth
    11,429 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 2 of 2 1 2
    I know which program you're speaking of and last year spoke with the woman who takes the phone interview/recommendations. I expressed concerns over phone interviews with teachers who might not necessarily "get" DS because of their misinterpretations of HG kids. She calmed my fears by letting me know that she is (and the program as a whole is) well aware of those attitudes and that they take that with a "kilo of salt!" She assured me that they are/she is very good at detecting teachers who are against this type of program and know how to ask the types of questions to get the answers they are looking for.

After speaking with her, I felt altogether better. Through a lot of discussions with DH, a lot of studying, and discussions with DS, we have come to the conclusion that if it is a good fit for him, he will be accepted into the program. If it is not a good fit for him, or if it is a much better fit for someone else, and there are other viable options out there for him, he will not be offered a spot. Though DS would really like to get accepted into the program, we trust that they are aware of the expectations they have of these kids and will be able to make an appropriate assessment of him and if it is a good fit for him or not. (Of course, we're still crossing our fingers! smile

Who knows, Emm, perhaps one day our children will share a classroom and a positive friendship! I wish both our kids luck!!

smile
    Mom of The Future
    E
    Emm Offline OP
    OP Offline
    E
    Thanks, MOTF! That reassures me. I agree with you; I think that whatever is meant to be, will. I have thought the same about your son and my daughter sharing experiences. Best of luck to your ds as well in this pursuit!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  M-Moderator, Mark D. 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 05/03/24 07:21 PM
    Technology may replace 40% of jobs in 15 years
    by brilliantcp - 05/02/24 05:17 PM
    NAGC Tip Sheets
    by indigo - 04/29/24 08:36 AM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by Wren - 04/29/24 03:43 AM