Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 192 guests, and 17 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Gingtto, SusanRoth, Ellajack57, emarvelous, Mary Logan
    11,426 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
    E
    elh0706 Offline OP
    OP Offline
    E
    If you live in the US and if you voted smile My family lives scattered across the country and it is interesting that the wait times have ranged from 30 minutes to over 5 hours.

I went before work and waited about 30 minutes at a rural PA polling site.

Voted mid-morning in my small MN city (pop 16,000). No wait at all - yay! Upon entering the building, DS4 announced to all there, "I'm voting for puffy, guffy, and mr. creep!"

Wow - i remember a wait of about 2 hours when i lived in a big city, but 5 hours - yikes! Good for everyone for sticking it out.

Last edited by st pauli girl; 11/04/08 12:10 PM.
    I always vote adsentee ballot, otherwise I'd never get a chance to vote, too busy. So it took about 10 minutes and a walk to my mailbox:)

M
    M
    25 mins in the SE. It was an extra 10 minutes since they had the lines organized by last name to check you in. I was in the longest line with 2 folks ahead of me that had address issues... Many people originally in line behind me were done voting while I was still waiting for last name checkin. I am in a state that has already had over 40% of the population go to the polls in early voting.

About 45 minutes total this morning in the SE also. We had the last name check in too that made it take longer. Still I thought 45 minutes wasn't too bad! People who early voted waited 2 hours or more.

I walked right into the polling place at the kids' school and let DS drop my absentee ballot into the ballot box at 8:15 am. No other voters were there. As I left, someone came in to vote.

E
    elh0706 Offline OP
    OP Offline
    E
    Well the 5 hour wait was my BIL who did early voting on Saturday. My Sister waited to vote today at the same polling place and waited less than an hour. smile

We had the same electronic voting machines that I've seen since I started voting at 18. We also took DS 9 with us. He has gone every year and the poll site voluneteers know him and make a fuss out of his being there so bright and early. He had lots of questions this year about how you vote. I think the gentleman ahead of us in line was quite amused as I gave a civics lesson while we waited.

I was voter 43 at 7:20 this morning

Last edited by elh0706; 11/04/08 12:38 PM.
    I just voted about an hour ago and had no wait at all. I was in and out in under 10 minutes, and there were open voting machines sitting empty. In Ohio, we have the lovely experience of voting electronically with touch screens. A paper ballot is printed inside the machine as you cast your vote electronically.

elh... I love civic lessons in line. I think the whole constitutional process make more sense to kids when they see it in action!

Mom to DS12 and DD3
    M
    M
    I early voted on Friday and waited 4 hours with DS6. The poll workers said that there hadn't been a line shorter than 3 hours in the whole 2 weeks they'd been opened. Though, I have to say, I was so proud of DS6. He *really* wanted to do kids voting, so he stuck it out with me and behaved wonderfully, but when it was finally our turn to vote they told us the kids voting was only on Tuesday! I felt so bad for him.

I went in just after 1 p.m., so I won't help you with the early voting questions. But I had no wait at all. I just walked right in.

The place was busy. Lots of people there. We just have lots of voting booths in my polling place, so it didn't matter.

When I walked out, there were 3 people waiting to check in, but lots of booths open. Only one place to check in, so there was a bottleneck.

Kriston
    Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Technology may replace 40% of jobs in 15 years
    by indigo - 04/30/24 12:27 AM
    NAGC Tip Sheets
    by indigo - 04/29/24 08:36 AM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by Wren - 04/29/24 03:43 AM
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent