Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 441 guests, and 9 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    ddregpharmask, Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Harry Kevin
    11,431 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
    Nope, Lorel. We're on the no-call list, too. Yet we have been BOMBARDED by calls, all of the automated variety!

I didn't actively count, but I know that I got more than 8 a day for the past two weeks. (We had 4-6 on our answering machine virtually every afternoon when we got home from pre-K pickup.) Often we'd get the same commercial twice in an hour. frown

We're in a battleground state, so some of that's to be expected. But OMG!!! I was WISHING for a real person to call so that I could tell who I was voting for and get them to take me off the "Bug her 'til she cracks" list!

DH and I were joking about how lonely I'll be now that the election is over and my phone isn't going to be ringing every 10 minutes with calls from politicians! And of course, there's the "I'll vote for whoever calls me the least." That was really popular around here this year! Argh!

Kriston
    I'm pretty sure the no call list has exceptions for political calls. frown

I was very happy that we recently got caller ID, though, so I avoided many of the calls. I got some live callers a few times, and tried talking to them, but they just kept reading their script! I just started hanging up.

My recycling box will be happy the election is over too.

Yes, politics and charities are exceptions to the no-call list. As are consumer surveys. Ugh.

Maybe we ought to offer to donate to the campaigns if they'll stop calling us. I'd give $5 to each side if it meant they'd leave me completely alone! (Kidding!) wink

Kriston
    acs Offline
    Moving helps to. In my non-battleground state, I don't think I got a single call from a presidential candidate. I did get about one a day for a local race, and those were all recorded. We don't watch TV and we only listen to NPR, so the only ads I dealt with were postcards which are quickly recycled. It was all pretty sane around here.

E
    elh0706 Offline OP
    OP Offline
    E
    LOL, we were getting over 20 calls a day the last 2 weeks from political campaigns. Of course we have a multigenerational household so we hit different age brackets as well as both big parties and an registered independent...

DS 9 was really facinated with the whole process and we did let him stay up until about 10 to watch and track the returns. I loved the CNN website. They had a interactive map. It updated once a state was "won" but you could click on each state and allocate the electoral votes according to you ideas. I filled it in and printed it out, then DS did it. It was really interesting to see how close we came to predicting the states. (I did do better than DS, however, I think part of that was because his favorite color is Blue :))

I feel so sorry for those of you who got deluged with calls. I hate answering surveys and I think I would have blown a gasket if I had 8-10 calls a day or more. Yikes!

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    2e & long MAP testing
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:30 PM
    psat questions and some griping :)
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:21 PM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by mithawk - 05/13/24 06:50 PM
    For those interested in science...
    by indigo - 05/11/24 05:00 PM