Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 357 guests, and 13 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Gingtto, SusanRoth
    11,429 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    Kriston Offline OP
    OP Offline
    I'm intense, too. And too honest. I say what I mean and mean what I say. That often throws women off. They expect passive aggressive behavior, so if I say what I think, then they multiply that by 10 (as they'd have to do with most other women), and they think I'm even more intense than I am. cry

I tend to fare better with other non-passive-aggressive women (rare) and men. Men usually think I'm swell, since there's no hidden agenda and no holding a grudge. WYSIWYG.

Kriston
    M
    M
    Originally Posted by Kriston
    I'm intense, too. And too honest. I say what I mean and mean what I say....

I tend to fare better with other non-passive-aggressive women (rare) and men. Men usually think I'm swell, since there's no hidden agenda and no holding a grudge. WYSIWYG.

WOW! I could have written this. I always describe myself as WYSIWYG. I am also direct and fairly blunt though I've learned to cushion what I say. Alas, I also am naive in that I tend to believe what people say and take things at face value not realizing that not everyone else is not direct or open. Yes, I too have a difficult time forming attachments. Throw both DYS kids into the mix and... Needless to say, I stopped talking about either of them when DS7 was 5y and I never talk about DD5.

Kriston Offline OP
    OP Offline
    Originally Posted by momx2
    WOW! I could have written this. I always describe myself as WYSIWYG. I am also direct and fairly blunt though I've learned to cushion what I say. Alas, I also am naive in that I tend to believe what people say and take things at face value not realizing that not everyone else is not direct or open. Yes, I too have a difficult time forming attachments. Throw both DYS kids into the mix and... Needless to say, I stopped talking about either of them when DS7 was 5y and I never talk about DD5.

We should get together socially! We'd either be inseparable or hate one another on sight, probably! grin

Kriston
    Kriston, I've always wondered why I get along better with men. Maybe you're onto something...

Kriston Offline OP
    OP Offline
    Well, my DH calls me "a man with boobs" and jokes with his engineer co-workers when they gripe about their touchy wives that he wishes I would be more sensitive to his emotional needs...

So, yeah, I think I probably have a pretty decent working theory, at least. wink

Of course, GT people tend to be more atypical of their genders, so that sort of cross-gender stuff makes some sense, I think.

Kriston
    Val Offline
    Originally Posted by Kriston
    I'm intense, too. And too honest. I say what I mean and mean what I say....

WOW! I could have written this. I always describe myself as WYSIWYG. I am also direct and fairly blunt though I've learned to cushion what I say. Alas, I also am naive in that I tend to believe what people say and take things at face value not realizing that not everyone else is not direct or open.

And I could have written this! Being too honest can get me into trouble.

I also just don't understand why people act against their own interests so often. I've seen this kind of thing happen in specific situations I've been involved in and also in general. Personally, I've been through some very frustrating situations where the demonstrably correct course of action was rejected for reasons that were never really clear.

Maybe this goes back to the emotional-v.-rational reactions that we've talked about?

V.

Kriston-
    You are very honest and open and genuine, and I like that in a friend! I can't imagine who wouldn't enjoy your company.

Originally Posted by Dottie
    Throw both DYS kids into the mix and...
    Told ya, wink . Congratulations! Is this your official announcement? grin

Hey, great detail reading Dottie! and congrats momx2!

re: being emotionally sensistive...
    ...I have described 'discussions' I have with dh to my sister and she just laughs: 'You argue just like a man!!' she says. And really, all I can say is, well DH is such a girl! He's super verbal and to make sure I understand what he's saying he'll reiterate like 5000 times in various slightly different forms. Meanwhile I am like, ok, please, please PLEAAAASE get to the Point. (just in my head, of course!)
    Actually I think we switch back and forth sometimes, but mostly he is very precise and detailed in describing an issue, and I am oriented towards the bottom line and let's move on! Without his details though, I would be lost.
    I know I must come off as not caring because I try to rush to the 'end'.

Last edited by chris1234; 10/21/08 04:30 PM.
    M
    M
    Yes, I guess its my official announcement wink
    Yes, Kriston - we'd either be best pals or hate one another - no middle ground there! Thanks Dottie, Val and Chris1234. And yes, I've always preferred the guys v. dolls. Much easier to deal with. Too bad none of us are near one another... PA, CA, VA, etc...
    Life can get lonely which is why this Board is so wonderful. Although I am not a frequent poster, I am an avid reader... You are all fabulous smile

Last edited by momx2; 10/21/08 05:04 PM. Reason: needed another adjective
    Congratulations, momx2! Oh and you would like Kriston. Trust me smile

I am right there with Kriston and others. I say what I think and I wish more people did the same thing. I am not too much into playing games. WYSIWYG. I thought it was part of the INTJ deal or may INTJs are more likely to do so.

LMom
    Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  M-Moderator, Mark D. 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by indigo - 05/01/24 05:21 PM
    Technology may replace 40% of jobs in 15 years
    by indigo - 04/30/24 12:27 AM
    NAGC Tip Sheets
    by indigo - 04/29/24 08:36 AM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs