Originally Posted by incogneato
Be careful what you ask for Light! I LOVE to give my opinions![quote]

I LOVE getting answers and opinions, so no problem! smile

[quote=incogneato]
Disability? Perhaps. Perhaps not. What you describe sounds to me like some type of information processing disorder. Please keep in mind, I have no experience as an information processing disorder diagnoses giver! In fact, you should take all my "advice" with a grain of salt!
I have a learning "disability". It's made things more difficult, but hasn't stopped me from accomplishing anything I really set my mind on. I'm a really high compensator, I bet you are too! IMNSHO, it's only a disability if it severely impairs your ability to function. So I don't think anyone can tell you if you have a disability except you, even if you do decide to pursue a diagnosis.
[quote]

Oh, it's probably not a "disabikity" in the sense of something which would be deeply impairing, but rather, I'd say, in the sense of a sufficiently "odd" profile in the environments I work in that I can see myself as "too bright" in some areas and "too dumb" in others at the same time, which can be puzzling for others...
As for me, I would vote for being able to do everything I want to do quicker than I do it right now - more concretely, I can think of some more compensation mecahnisms, and if I "fall upon" compensation mechanisms used by others with the same profiles, I will gladly take them...
I am also thinking that it would be fun to know better which brain areas are involved, just out of curiosity, because I know that, for synesthesia, the brain area involved in colors is just next to the brain area for recognizing numbers and letters (graphemes in general)... which can contribute to explain the existence, in a certain percentage of individuals, of unusual connexions between the two...

[quote=incogneato]
Meeting others like yourself...

I'll go on trying... this forum and other places are a place to start...

Those days, however, I strongly risk to be somewhat absent, because, despite the fact I am suppose to be on holidays, I am working on two articles, and a third one seems to be coming my way fast (I just got an e-mail from my dear boss "cannot you come baaack quicker please?").

So, I hope to interact with you all here, not too intermitently!

Light