Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 149 guests, and 38 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    jkeller, Alex Hoxdson, JPH, Alex011, Scotmicky12
    11,444 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    #215716 05/07/15 12:25 PM
    L
    OP Offline
    L
    This is more of a sigh of desperation but we just got off the phone with Dr. Silverman and she thinks our other 10yr twin daughter is also 2e with SPD and CAPD. Deep breath...our family can manage even more OT/VT/etc. appts. As disappointing the news, just glad to finally get a definitive answer to what we suspected. Ok, whimper over..if anyone has any recommendations for dealing with SPD and CAPD, feel free to send them my way.

K
    K
    I just finished reading The Out-of-Sync Child, and have The Out-of-Sync Child Has Fun on order. The former has lots of descriptions of SPD, since it can manifest itself in so many ways. There was some practical advice, but I am hoping the second book has more concrete exercises and activities.

DS9 hasn't been formerly diagnosed with SPD, but he definitely has some sensory issues. He is also one failed test shy of CAPD, something I need to follow up on this year. I got the impression from the audiologist that there wasn't anything she could do, but that could be because he is a borderline case.

The alphabet soup of diagnoses is frustrating, but at least it gives a starting point for research and help. Hang in there!

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    psat questions and some griping :)
    by SaturnFan - 05/22/24 08:50 AM
    2e & long MAP testing
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:30 PM
    Classroom support for advanced reader
    by Xtydell - 05/15/24 02:28 PM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by mithawk - 05/13/24 06:50 PM
    For those interested in science...