Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 271 guests, and 11 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    ddregpharmask, Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Harry Kevin
    11,431 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
    L
    L
    No we have not seen it yet. We bought the movie right before he competed in our state Pee Wee Spelling Bee but we didn't take the time to watch it and afterwards, he wanted a break from even thinking about spelling. He says he did use a beat when he memorized some of the more difficult words, but others he didn't.

My son isn't very good at jumping rope, probably because he hasn't had much practice, but he did sometimes bounce on the therapy ball (and he just told me he probably kept a steady rhythm while bouncing) while he simultaneously played a video game and spelled words for me.

This morning he danced to some music that had a steady beat right before he did his typing tests and he has been able to increase his speed faster than I thought he would be able to since he has motor dyspraxia.

This is interesting.

We did see that movie and I clearly remember DD8 being extremely fascinated with the fact that Akeelah did that.

F
    F
    Doodlebug:

I just watched the IM demo on the web and am interested - I've felt for a while that DS may have precisely motor planning and sequencing issues. Does the board format allow you to say anything about the costs for IM therapy, without putting you in the position of seeming to advertise?

Thanks!

OP Offline
    I'm an OT and employed at a hospital, where I provide IM as part of OT services. So the 15 - 25 sessions to complete IM training are billed under OT services and at the rate of our current OT billing. It's also covered under the state medical card (in IL) and most insurance plans, as long as it is billed as OT.

But not all IM providers are OTs. You would have to look under the provider link for someone near you and then contact them to find out cost and whether it might be covered under insurance.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    2e & long MAP testing
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:30 PM
    psat questions and some griping :)
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:21 PM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by mithawk - 05/13/24 06:50 PM
    For those interested in science...