Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 356 guests, and 13 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Gingtto, SusanRoth
    11,429 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    B
    OP Offline
    B
    My son is turning in the final draft of his S.S. project today. The process was not as bad as I feared but I think that was because I took the advice various people here gave me. He spent most of one Sunday researching/writing the first draft, but that day went relatively smoothly. I helped him break it into pieces, keep him on task, and suggested some magazine articles they helped give a bigger picture. The most frustrating day was working on two short "emails". The idea that he was supposed to actual mail them that was bothering him. And my biggest surprise was when he settled down and wrote a very nice letter to the president and the reflections on the project with little fanfare. He really can buckle down and write well when he is in the right mood.

One more week of this school year, he can not WAIT for this year to be over. Today he has his last writing assignment in English. He has to write about using Romeo & Juliet to illustrate teenage impulsivity. Then his stress should drop. All he has to do is study for his finals next week. The only tricky class to study for will be math. He tests very well and retains most of the information he learns over the semester, plus freshman finals don't really count. So finals really isn't as stressful as the hours spend on this S.S. project.

Last edited by bluemagic; 06/17/14 09:52 AM.
    Hurray! smile That is great news, Bluemagic! I hope that his efforts pay off with some stellar marks as well as the personal gains.

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.
    B
    B
    Originally Posted by bluemagic
    One more week of this school year, he can not WAIT for this year to be over. Today he has his last writing assignment in English. He has to write about using Romeo & Juliet to illustrate teenage impassivity.
    If they were "impassive" they would both be alive at the end. Did you mean "teenage impulsivity"?

Z
    Z
    Interestingly impassivity can lead to behavior that appears impulsive to an external evaluator operating on a more common value system.

B
    OP Offline
    B
    LOL. That might make an interesting essay.

Yes I meant impulsivity. Spelling checker fail, my computer doesn't think "impulsivity" is spelled correctly and incorrectly fixed it with the wrong word.

Last edited by bluemagic; 06/17/14 09:56 AM.

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 05/03/24 07:21 PM
    Technology may replace 40% of jobs in 15 years
    by brilliantcp - 05/02/24 05:17 PM
    NAGC Tip Sheets
    by indigo - 04/29/24 08:36 AM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by Wren - 04/29/24 03:43 AM
    Testing with accommodations