Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 333 guests, and 19 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Gingtto, SusanRoth
    11,429 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
    Grinity #1921 02/02/07 06:32 AM
    A
    OP Offline
    A
    Thanks again for all your support. I did download A Nation Deceived and both DH and I read it. We made the decision to advance DS, and he will begin first grade on Monday. I am so excited for him and his new teacher is also gifted and did early advancement when she was in school as well. Our gifted program here doesn't start until 3rd grade but this first grade class is the one with "those" students. And on top of that, the class is further broken down in subgroups according to what level they are own. DS will immediately be placed with the top readers, currently a group of three.

I got the complete assessment reports yesterday and WOW is all I can say. His fluid reasoning score on the SB was 144. That was the highest of all the subscores but again, WOW.

Also, my absence around here isn't because I don't appreciate all the good advice et al, that I have received. I will try to help offer the same once I catch up on all the new threads! I have a dear friend who has fallen ill...plus my computer crashed (using DH's now)...so that's why the disappearing act.

Take care everyone, and thanks again for everything! Wish us luck in the first grade!

Yea! I'm happy for you and most of all for your son! Having a son at the same point, I really relate! Here's hoping all goes well and he makes lots of new friends and feels really great being there!

G
    G
    I'm happy for you too! Please keep us posted when you can... it's always nice to hear the success stories.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  M-Moderator, Mark D. 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by indigo - 05/01/24 05:21 PM
    Technology may replace 40% of jobs in 15 years
    by indigo - 04/30/24 12:27 AM
    NAGC Tip Sheets
    by indigo - 04/29/24 08:36 AM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by Wren - 04/29/24 03:43 AM