Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 315 guests, and 40 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Gingtto, SusanRoth
    11,429 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    #185122 03/17/14 12:13 PM
    OP Offline
    Hoping someone here can help? I tried to find the answer to this question online, but was unsuccessful.

My DD11 with dysgraphia/dyslexia has just started to use this app. How can she share her work with her teacher, who only has a PC? We have tried emailing the files as 'PDF' but they send as a small box with an "X" on the inside. I've been fooling around with it for the past hour, sending them to myself, and am feeling quite frustrated. I am sincerely hoping that there is an easy fix and I have not just wasted $19.99 on this app (which seems really great in every other way!).

Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it. — L.M. Montgomery
    Z
    Z
    Typically a small box with an x in an email is a placeholder for a picture or embedded object that didn't download. Is this what the teacher is seeing in email? Or are you seeing it when you open the pdf file?

I would expect a pdf to show as an attachment to the email. And then you'd right click or choose a menu option to save the attachment.

OP Offline
    There is no attachment. It looks like the PDF is not sending. I've tried numerous times and can't get it to work. I'll try their customer support. Very frustrated and disappointed that an app that is this expensive is so difficult to use.

Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it. — L.M. Montgomery
    Q
    Q
    The problem may not be with the app but with your computer. Are you trying to export/email the file within the app? Try saving the file as a pdf file before exiting your app. Then use Acrobat to open the pdf file to make sure that the file was saved properly (at least the first time you try this). If the file looks fine in Acrobat, then attach it to your email.

P
    P
    Kathleensmum, does the pdf come through and open ok on the iPad if you send it via email and open it via email on the iPad? If it does, one thing your ds could try is to open it in another iPad app, and then send it to his teacher via email from the second app. It's extra steps to go through, so not a great solution, but it would at least help determine if the issue is the file Panther is outputting or an email translation issue on the pc side related to iPad -> PC.

I'd suggest trying to email Panther and ask if they have any idea what's up.

And... not sure if your school folks can figure this out, but another thing to consider is to allow your ds to print via the network at school - he could open the pdf on his iPad and send to a printer. It's not always easy to get school staff to help with printing (successfully) though - at least not in our experience. Never really had it working just from a laptop at ds' previous school, but at his current school the kids print from their iPads and ds used to print from his iPad at home across our wifi network too. Although to be honest, I have no idea how to set it up! (ps - ds said you can get an iPad-usb adapter to hook up directly to a printer).

Good luck,

polarbear

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 05/03/24 07:21 PM
    Technology may replace 40% of jobs in 15 years
    by brilliantcp - 05/02/24 05:17 PM
    NAGC Tip Sheets
    by indigo - 04/29/24 08:36 AM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs