Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 358 guests, and 20 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Gingtto, SusanRoth
    11,429 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
    #18346 06/25/08 10:25 AM
    Lorel Offline OP
    OP Offline
    I'm sorry I don't have a link handy, but you can google standard deviants, go to their own website, and get up to ten VHS tapes for free, just paying shipping. I spent a total of $12 on shipping for my ten tapes this morning. We don't even have a working VCR, but they are under $50 these days, and so I figured it is well worth the small investment. My kids love the SDs.

You just add in this code after filling your cart: FR33VHS

My order was supposed to cost $84 on sale- it would have been much, much more at the original price.

Hi Lorel. Thanks for posting the info on the Standard Deviants tapes. They look great. I tried to order the Standard Deviants VHS tapes on their web site. But when I entered the code (FR33VHS) at checkout, it said that is was not a valid coupon code. Do you have to be logged in or have an account there to receive the special discount? Or am I doing something wrong?

ebeth

Mom to DS12 and DD3
    It did that to me when I had 12 things in my cart, but when I took out the extra two it worked fine.... I did have a litle glitch at some point... I deleted everything and started again, and it worked fine.

Can't beat the price!! Thanks Lorel!

Erica
    S
    S
    We haven't seen any of these. Are there any you recommend to start? Can you tell me more about them, like what their good points are, which ones you like, a series that is better than others, age/ability/interest levels?? Thanks.

Lorel Offline OP
    OP Offline
    You do need to have ten items or less, or it won't apply the coupon code and subtract from your total. It seems strange, but they will not permit you to pay for a few items and use the code for others.

Squirt, these are goofy but highly entertaining academic tapes for kids. Think of a clean Saturday Night Live type show, with college students dressing up as explorers, mad scientists, etc. in various skits, while discussing the nuances of microbiology, algebra, hamlet, and Italian, to name a few. My kids have enjoyed them for years, and though they are not enough to stand alone, they make excellent supplements to other coursework.

My kids love the Standard Deviants. We haven't found a bum one yet, and we have watched quite a few, between our small collection and the public library stock we've viewed.

Thank you for sharing this. I also got 10 VHS tapes that I know my kids will love. We got a little bit of everything from math to french to chemistry.

Jen

Q
    Q
    and I couldn't get it to work for me...

Q
    Q
    Figured it out - you have to click on teachers, not students, to start shopping. Then click on clearance and free vhs. Thanks, Lorel.

S
    S
    Here's the site I used and it works just fine: http://www.sdteach.com/default.asp

On the left, click on Clearance and Free VHS. Looks like the limit is 10. I couldn't tell if that was 10 per order or 10 per address of what.

Has anyone received their order? My cc was charged right away, but the order is still "processing". Just curious what happened.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 05/03/24 07:21 PM
    Technology may replace 40% of jobs in 15 years
    by brilliantcp - 05/02/24 05:17 PM
    NAGC Tip Sheets
    by indigo - 04/29/24 08:36 AM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by Wren - 04/29/24 03:43 AM