Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 195 guests, and 11 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Gingtto, SusanRoth, Ellajack57, emarvelous, Mary Logan
    11,426 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 2 of 2 1 2
    M
    M
    HappilyMom, my DD had a 43 point spread between VCI and WMI, that was shocking enough. I really feel for you. I am glad you have someone at school who seems to get it!

H
    OP Offline
    H
    Thank you! I feel like all of these children are so amazing working everyday with such massive mental/physical bottle-necks and such astounding minds. They are truly such special people.

M
    M
    HappilyMom, i am very happy to see your post. we are likewise waiting for the report to go along with my ds WISC IV results. A 76 point spread VCI to WMI has certainly given me a lot to contemplate and learn how to better advocate for. I am learning new terms like 504, IEP, accommodations, etc.

Thank you for sharing, and I look forward to learning with you. As overwhelming as this information seems at times, I can only imagine what some tasks feel like to him on a daily basis.

M
    M
    HappilyMom- so glad someone in the school is there helping you! What a stressful process. Hope with the school psych's help, things will go smoothly! Keep us posted!

Similar for DS5 (he was tested as a 4 year old last month). His performance was 98%ile +, verbal was somewhere in the 90's%ile, processing speed was 10%ile. Massive difference! Good to know all of this as he starts school. Now to sort out what to do with this info. Good luck!!

Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it. — L.M. Montgomery
    Similar for DS5 (he was tested as a 4 year old last month). His performance was 98%ile +, verbal was somewhere in the 90's%ile, processing speed was 10%ile. Massive difference! Good to know all of this as he starts school. Now to sort out what to do with this info. Good luck!!

Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it. — L.M. Montgomery
    M
    M
    I am glad that I read this thread. Dd was tested last week and we do not have her scores yet, because her psych wants to look at how all of the tests compare to one another and the teacher/parent evaluations. He told us that her iq test results will be skewed because her auditory memory and "organization of thoughts/ideas" are both impaired, which of course sent us into a panic! Reading your post and the responses helps me realize we are not alone.

It's encouraging to read that your school and counselor are on your side! Our teachers and curriculum director at Dd's school are similarly responsive, and we have a dyslexia teacher on staff along with a speech path and a great counselor (who our psych speaks highly of). I feel optimistic that our team will work well with us, so I understand your position. I will be following your posts to see what advice is given to you.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Technology may replace 40% of jobs in 15 years
    by indigo - 04/30/24 12:27 AM
    NAGC Tip Sheets
    by indigo - 04/29/24 08:36 AM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by Wren - 04/29/24 03:43 AM
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 04/21/24 03:55 PM