Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    1 members (Val), 215 guests, and 21 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Gingtto, SusanRoth
    11,429 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
    Okay, have to add one more thing on this subject. DS7 is pretty small for his age and with some of his ASD/anxiety issues, his affect can come across as fairly young as well. Today, he went to go walk to his friend's house (about a block and a half away) when a concerned citizen called the police because they thought he was a lost four year old. The police officer was very friendly and DS's buddy's mom explained to her that DS was actually 7 1/2 and lived down the street. When I asked DS what he thought about it he stated "I don't understand the commotion. I was just going out for a small stroll." smile

My DS4 has an interesting way with words, too. I had to get a book to record some of his sentences... he is highly entertaining.

My favourites are when he says a common place word or phrase in a different, but completely correct way. It often makes us stop and think, and then say, 'My gosh, yes you could say it that way'

I found his light on at 3am. When I asked what was going on he responded, 'I had a bad dream and was afraid so I got up and turned off the dark'

He often complains when his socks are 'outside-in' or the weather is 'unsunny'

Slip these into a conversation loaded with his usual vocabulary and it elicits many smiles.

Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it. — L.M. Montgomery
    You have a poet :-)

Become what you are
    P
    P
    Ds4 uses recognised instead of realised or noticed. It only just occurred to me that when he started doing it at 3 that none of those words would be usual in a 3 year old. Oh well.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Technology may replace 40% of jobs in 15 years
    by indigo - 04/30/24 12:27 AM
    NAGC Tip Sheets
    by indigo - 04/29/24 08:36 AM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by Wren - 04/29/24 03:43 AM
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM