Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 460 guests, and 18 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Gingtto, SusanRoth, Ellajack57, emarvelous, Mary Logan
    11,426 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
    E
    E
    My husband did it for DS and came out the same as I did. I'm going to let DS try it after school.

No, but it's a good idea to get a second opinion. I'll have DH try it this weekend.

I took the test myself out of curiosity, and I came out an ITP, not an ITJ. Granted, I'm always right on the border of J and P when I take the adult version, but I am *always* a J. I've never been anything else, for as long as I can remember.

That makes me raise an eyebrow a bit. The INTJ description is more accurate of me, I think. I'm a messy but organized person because I'm visually oriented, and my messiness drives me nuts. So I'm a J with P tendencies. This test ignores all that in a way that the adult version doesn't. So I wonder if some of the organization-centered questions on the kids' test don't necessarily apply as we get older.

Testing again in 15 years and meeting back here sounds good to me! laugh

Kriston
    DS came out ETJ on this one. It doesn't quite fit in some areas.

acs Offline
    Kriston, this bugged me to. Through a weird series of events, I went hiking with be an eminent Jungian analyst a few weeks ago. I drilled him on this whole issue because my type has been hard to pin down. He told me that as we get older we learn to compensate for our weaknesses making it hard to always tell what your original type is. He pegged me for a "true" ENFP, even though I test as a INFJ. He asked me if I was organized (that goes more with INFJ) and I told him about all my lists. He said that the way I am organized is probably as a compensitory mechanism for my inherant disorganized ENFP nature. I had learned to be organized, so I would look less ENFP-ish. But in my core I was still really ENFP.

If this is true, then the kid version may actually be your "truer" nature, but we mature, and get more well-rounded as we get older. Which is a good thing!

Last edited by acs; 05/22/08 09:49 AM. Reason: Taking the extra "n" out of Krinston. LOL
    That's very helpful, acs. Thanks!

Kriston
    Fascinating!

I got ESP for my son, but I don't think that suits him. I disagree with the details presented for this personality type.

L
    L
    My son got ESP also and so much of it does not fit at all. There are things on the list that were opposite from the way we answered. For example, it says "they love to participate in sports and other physical activities" and this is so not true of my son. We had checked "a male who is not overly interested sports." He does not have a lot of energy and he is definitely not a thrill seeker and he is not impulsive at all. He does not have difficulty forseeing the consequences of his actions, in fact he seems more aware of this than his much older sister. It also lists as a potential weakness that they do not have the ability to use their intuition at all or extrapolate anything from one situation to another and this is the complete opposite of my son who has amazing intuition to the point that he sometimes finishes our sentences without being given any clues. This sometimes creeps his sister out and there have been times when it did me too. In fact, it was this ability that made me wonder if he was really reading some words at 2 when I was also looking at the page and it wasn't until he read something that I had never looked at that I was completely sure that there wasn't something really weird going on. I think some of it is that he notices very subtle expressions that most people aren't aware of. He thinks I am very easy to read and he says that I get a certain look when I am thinking of something to post on the message boards. He used this ability to communicate with his grandmother who could not speak very well after her surgery years ago when he was just 4 1/2. He has also used this weird intuition thing with his dad, but not as much as with me or his sister. When we ask him how he does it he just laughs and says "I keep telling you I'm psychic."

So when I first saw "ESP" I thought wow, they sure got it right with him, but after reading everything else, there is too much that does not fit, especially the part about being coordinated and agile and learning new physical tasks with speed and accuracy. We both had to laugh at that one.

ACS-Yes! Totally!
    Kriston- after DD8 was born I was soooo tired. I used to lay on the couch when she was asleep (which wasn't often) and stare at barely there smudges and marks on the wall. It annoyed me greatly, oddly, I was never motivated to actually get up and clean them!
    I get more sleep now, my house is much better now!

According to the test DS5 is ISJ. My guess would be that he is INTJ just like DH and I.

LMom
    Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 04/21/24 03:55 PM
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM