Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 110 guests, and 14 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    ddregpharmask, Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Harry Kevin
    11,431 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
    P
    P
    Originally Posted by Mana
    I only know one other grown up in real life who is a HP fan. frown I am not so sure it's a regional thing but after the last movie, all thing HP have moved to the clearance bin. Every time we go to the Lego store, I lament on the discontinuation of their HP product line. I refuse to believe that they can sell more of Ninjago than HP.

But that's the commercial stuff that's created to sell around the time that movies are out and popular - that kind of thing does come in and go out of style quickly, and movies come out, are in theatres for a few months at most, and once the initial surge of everyone seeing the latest thing is over, they are relegated to Netflix or whatever. It's the *books* that I was referring to, not the movies. The HP books are classics and are bound to be around for years and years.

polarbear

M
    M
    If Star Wars product line can be around permanently, so can HP! I assumed HP lego sets would be around for a long, long time and I was thinking of getting one fancy set per Christmas and building it as a family. SO of course hates the entire fantasy genre and loves Star Wars so he has this self-congratulatory smile every time we walk into the Lego store.

I remember when HP books were so popular that I couldn't walk around bookstores, library, or elementary school campuses without bumping into children reading HP books. It brought excitement about reading to a whole generation of children. I too believe that HP books would be around for many years to come but it isn't quite the same. I don't know if my DD would ever have a chance to have a sleepover at a bookstore in celebration of a book release. Well, I suppose we'll have to host our own HP sleepover parties. smile

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  M-Moderator, Mark D. 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    2e & long MAP testing
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:30 PM
    psat questions and some griping :)
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:21 PM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by mithawk - 05/13/24 06:50 PM
    For those interested in science...
    by indigo - 05/11/24 05:00 PM