It was amazing to me that every single doctor - both in patient and out patient - insisted on talking to us about all of this with her in the room. I would hand her my iPhone to play with but of course she still heard every word.

I really think this is awful. I mean, I can see why one can't send a child to some other room in a doctor's office, while the doctor speaks to the parents. My child tends to internalize things a lot -- I think it will hurt him more than help him, to hear a doctor analyzing his weaknesses in front of him, within earshot.

I'm kind of anti-diagnosis at the moment as the school is seeing DS as being remedial because of his ADHD. So, when he daydreams because he's bored, they think he's zoning out because of his ADHD. (Sometimes he does, but sometimes he's actually BORED). What do they do? Make the work easier, which disengages him even further. It SUCKS. I regret disclosing the diagnosis.

CCN, can you elaborate more ? Do the accommodations they give help ? What sort of support/accommodations do they provide (other than easier work, which seems counterproductive) ?

Last edited by mom2one; 05/28/13 08:50 AM.