Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 395 guests, and 17 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    ddregpharmask, Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Harry Kevin
    11,431 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 2 of 2 1 2
    S
    S
    I stopped making my little ones dress before breakfast because they would get breakfast all down their front. So our routine was breakfast, teeth (toothpaste all on their shirts was a pain too), then get dressed. Around the age of 8 or 9 I started letting them choose the order of things as long as they did them all.

...reading is pleasure, not just something teachers make you do in school.~B. Cleary
    This thread makes me appreciate my fashion-forward DD8 more. Here I thought three outfit changes per hour (slight exaggeration) and meltdowns over shirt stains were problems.

M
    M
    Oh we have those problems too Dude... The washing for three outfit hanging girls is phenomenal... But there are only so many clothing battles you can pick a day...

A
    A
    Oh we totally have days like that you are not the only one. I have threatened school but of course she had no idea what it would be like. I ended up getting my hands on the homework for her grade she would be place in at school and had her sit down and do it for a while. She didn't like that at all. It was working on counting to 15 and addition of 1 and 2 with pictures. No more problems, without taking the drastic measure of putting her in school for a few days.

DD6- DYS
    Homeschooling on a remote island at the edge of the world.
    P
    P
    Originally Posted by Sweetie
    I stopped making my little ones dress before breakfast because they would get breakfast all down their front. So our routine was breakfast, teeth (toothpaste all on their shirts was a pain too), then get dressed. Around the age of 8 or 9 I started letting them choose the order of things as long as they did them all.

Me too. The last thing I need to be doing is having an arguement about the need to get undressed and dressed for a second time.

M
    M
    Originally Posted by amazedmom
    Oh we totally have days like that you are not the only one. I have threatened school but of course she had no idea what it would be like. I ended up getting my hands on the homework for her grade she would be place in at school and had her sit down and do it for a while. She didn't like that at all. It was working on counting to 15 and addition of 1 and 2 with pictures. No more problems, without taking the drastic measure of putting her in school for a few days.

Oh I really REALLY like this idea! teehee

Mom to 3 gorgeous boys: Aiden (8), Nathan (7) and Dylan (4)
    Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    2e & long MAP testing
    by SaturnFan - 05/15/24 04:25 PM
    psat questions and some griping :)
    by SaturnFan - 05/15/24 04:14 PM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by mithawk - 05/13/24 06:50 PM
    For those interested in science...
    by indigo - 05/11/24 05:00 PM