Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 460 guests, and 18 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Gingtto, SusanRoth, Ellajack57, emarvelous, Mary Logan
    11,426 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Originally Posted by Isaiah09
    Grinity, I feel like if I will be switching daycare's and schools all the time if I run away every time some ignorant person acts funny or makes a snide remark about how my son is. My main concern is his safety, however, I really am not sure what the best decision here is. I don't think anyone can be sure, so all I can do is follow my gut, pray and hope all goes well.
    It takes time to develop that Mom-gut. And regrets are valuable experience. Once you know your child better, and how much of an impact this sort of thing makes, you'll have a more confident feeling. We can give you our own gut-reports, but each of us has a different kid, and different set of pros and cons. It is helpful to know what the 'electron cloud of possibilities' that gut-reports might possibly say to a certain point. It's also helpful to put your concern out and have it taken seriously. We care. But in the end you have to make your best guess. Please don't be too hard on yourself because you are still new at this. Have faith that you will develop in time. I also am still hoping that for this individual, all she needs is a firm boundary and some warmth to snap out of herself.

Love and More Love,
    Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com
    I
    OP Offline
    I
    Thanks Grinity I will try and stop beating myself up.

Originally Posted by Isaiah09
    Thanks Grinity I will try and stop beating myself up.
    Yippee! It's not easy to kick the habit.

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com
    Yes, please don't beat yourself up about this. I didn't mean to say you were doing anything wrong. I post my experiences as something to consider, take it all with a grain of salt. There are so many different factors in each decision parents make, and every family is different. You know your kid, I don't. And I can so relate to the need for some time alone-- I remember that age being incredibly exhausting!! It sounds like you have the situation well monitored. I'm sorry if I seemed to be judging.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 04/21/24 03:55 PM
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM