The other thing I try is renting some above-level subject matter DVD, like some Chemistry or Physics or something. Something well above level and somewhat theoretical, just to think about the ideas. DD's starting to sink a little since last week and has an especially "I...don't...care..." attitude toward school work and the whole scene, and we're waiting for her vacation.

I rented "Stephen Hawking's Theory of Everything" and she really likes it. It's not about knowing any facts or anything, just about big ideas and atoms and things. She's quite absorbed by it and it seems to take the edge off.

Since we've been here in this location nearly two years, I have pinpointed the places and instructors she flourishes with the most, so I've decided to concentrate on quality versus quantity for outside activities and even have her spots for summer camps based on her being with these lovely people (one who is a retired elementary school teacher who works very well with DD).

We're also going to try therapeutic riding at a larger place that has various placements for social-groups, since my DD seems to be 2E (we're awaiting testing) and who knows what she's internalized with all the poor placement, though we've done our best to try and support her and keep her buoyant.