Originally Posted by Pru
Since last year, DD8 has occasionally told us she gets a funny stomach feeling at night from a strong feeling that she does not belong at home, in our family.

I think it can be gifted related, in two ways.

One - I think that for some folks, there is a strong 'memory' or 'impression' of what it was like before birth, being totally at home in the womb, or before conception, being part of the great unity of spirit (or whatever conception of spirituality fits for you)

Two - I think lots of gifties live with a deep yearning for the world as it might someday be able to become. This is what sparks visionaries to hold onto their vision, yes? I try to celebrate when I don't feel comfortable and content because it means that there is more to discover.

It also comes to mind that DD might be focusing on some actual differences between herself and other family members as left over feelings of the difficulty of accepting the younger sibling. I know that some gifties find it quite hard to be the 'only' introvert/extrovert/auditory learner/Visual learner/sensory learner/different body shape or style/different LOG person in the family. I think that we tend to be analytical, so what leads another person to run and get a hug, might lead a giftie to deeply contemplate ways that they are similar and different from the people around them.

I would say that an idea I have for advice for you and DW take a little extra time to talk about your own childhoods,or what learning adventures you are finding exciting right now, so that DD sees you as more than the role of parents.

Love and More Love,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com