Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 421 guests, and 35 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Gingtto, SusanRoth, Ellajack57, emarvelous, Mary Logan
    11,426 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    Wren #118834 12/24/11 09:30 AM
    Originally Posted by Wren
    Funny, we were watching a Nova on Darwin and DNA that says we are decended from fish. So I said to her, "were Adam and Eve fish?" She was not amused.

I pretty sure I can prove that I'm descended from inanimate matter without having to use DNA evidence.

Wren #118844 12/24/11 11:50 AM
    Wren, I would suggest "The top ten proofs" by Bob Dutko It's a CD series that explains alot of possible questions your child may have. I beleive it's intended for adults but we've had dd7 & dd8 listen to them with us.

Wren #118848 12/24/11 06:51 PM
    W
    Wren Offline OP
    OP Offline
    W
    Thanks for the suggestion Skylersmommy. It is not that she has a lot of questions, maybe they are a lot for a kid.

As most of you get and know, she has asked a lot of questions since she could ask questions. Particularly when they something is out of sequence. I phrase it that way because I do want to distinquish between faith and religion.

Anyway, I am finding I am explaining things as I have come to believe things, which make me a heretic.

It is kind of like here. You take what feels right for your kid and leave what doesn't. Same with religion. You go with what works and feels right. And sometimes the path changes. I just wish they wouldn't make it so hard to belong.

Ren

Wren #118849 12/25/11 08:55 AM
    Originally Posted by Wren
    Anyway, I am finding I am explaining things as I have come to believe things, which make me a heretic.

It is kind of like here. You take what feels right for your kid and leave what doesn't. Same with religion. You go with what works and feels right. And sometimes the path changes. I just wish they wouldn't make it so hard to belong.

Ren

It's strange to me that they want to make it so hard to belong.

Kind of like the opposite of Mormonism. They go out of their way to get you to sign up.

I'm just glad that I can potentially become a married Catholic priest because I'm baptized Lutheran. That exception to the rule always cracks me up and kind of makes me *want* to become a married Catholic priest just so that I can wander around bringing my wife and kids to mass.

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 04/21/24 03:55 PM
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM