Originally Posted by islandofapples
Wow! Thank you for all the awesome advice!!! I am going to do this. I managed to clean up DDs room last night really fast and I'm going to work on some more rooms today.

Yippee! I find the feeling of those 'little voices of defeat' so marvelous when they stop because I've 'done something.'
I want so badly to determine what "enough" is (Your Money or Your Life style) but I find I'm afraid to get rid of anything suddenly. Like, I have so many clothes that don't fit, but when I have another child someday, I am going to need these clothes. It costs so much money to keep replacing wardrobes. Same with all the baby stuff DD has already grown out of.
Do you have a storage area in your home? Either way -
Start this way: get rid of the stuff that is likely to go out of style, or you never really felt good in, or doesn't fit your new 'mommy life-style' or is highly seasonal (you won't be the same size at the same season as you were last time - same goes for future babies)- ask yourself - is it stained? Most of us don't feel our best in stained clothing.

- it helps to print up these questions in large font and clip the page to a clipboard and leave it in plain sight, so that when you get distracted the information is big and obvious to help 're-rail' you.

Trash the trash -
Give away the stuff that could bless someone else.
If you have storage: Box up the stuff that you 'love or need.' Lable and store.
If you don't have storage - do you have a friend or family member who would hold your boxes? Is the stuff worth the cost of the favor? If not - give away!
What would it cost to rent a storage unit? (Is any of the stuff worth the cost of storage?) Ask yourself - if I wouldn't pay to have this stuff stored, why would I keep this stuff around to clutter up my home?

After you've looked at the stuff that doesn't fit, and sorted through what is likely to be usable, you'll be amazed at how small the 'storage' problem actually is. Of course save a favorite baby outfit as a keepsake - but one or two will do the trick. Lots of those old clothes aren't in as good shape as you remember when you take a close look at them.

Love and More Love,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com