I saw you were looking at Toronto...

My DS is very little, so we're not looking for stuff like that yet, but... I'm really not convinced there's a heck of a lot in Toronto. The Science Center seems to have ads for some cool stuff, mostly short-term, though. There seems to be an undercurrent of "good for you" thinking that tends to make kids' programmes a bit drab.

Now. Chinese you should have no trouble finding here. Probably your pick of dialects, too, and heck she can probably pick up a practice conversation with a native speaker on any public transit ride wink

Arts and culture stuff,esp "multicultural" stuff will probably be easier to find than sciencey stuff. But maybe if you catch into the right subculture a whole pile of things will suddenly appear. TO can be pretty silo-like.

I don't know if you've lived here, but it can feel like a whole series of small hic-towns embedded in an annoying network of Big City(tm). On the other hand, there are great little villages that can only thrive in a place with a lot of people (that draw unique interests and intensity levels), too. The trick is hooking into them.

Good luck.
-Mich

DS1: Hon, you already finished your homework
DS2: Quit it with the protesting already!