Originally Posted by Grinity
Our goal is to teach children that working hard bring rewards, so, in addition to finding placements where the children have a chance to work hard in order to learn things, it's important to communicate to our children that we believe that working hard brings rewards.

Sound good?
Grinity

The rewards for working hard depend a lot on whether the activity is something one has talent for. When I was young I my hand/eye coodination was so poor that I almost always struck out in baseball. It would have been stupid for me to "work hard" at baseball. Working hard at my studies and a hobby I was good at brought rewards. It's non-PC but true that working hard at one's studies, beyond a certain point, is a waste of time for most people, because they have reached their intellectual limits. Here is an example. Should everyone "work hard" to master Algebra II, as some education policymakers are advocating http://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...ationwide/2011/04/01/AF7FBWXC_story.html ? I say no.

"To see what is in front of one's nose needs a constant struggle." - George Orwell