So we were presented a very unique opportunity this year. Our DD's school will be overcrowded for the 2011-2012 school year. There will be no room for computer lab or art. Grades preK - 4th grade attend this school. There are 4-5 sections of each. Classes will be FULL. However our district's middle school (Grades 5 - 8) has some room. The principal from both schools and the superintendent had an idea to send one section of 4th graders to the middle school to make room. So they asked for volunteers who may be interested in going. They didn't think they would get enough interest. But they DID!

DD will be at the middle school next year for 4th grade! The 4th grade curriculum will be the same, but they will have extra opportunities such as a higher grade level library, orchestra, after school clubs and drama. And the best thing about is there will only be 19 in the class. The other sections will have 25-26.

I'm so excited! Many parents did not like the idea at all, but I quietly kept my excitement to myself and needed to share here on the GT board.