Hey all. Testing has started for my DD who is four going on five, and may take awhile. We have gone in for two appointments and last time they said it took a LONG time because she just wasn't getting things wrong. The tester finally stopped her before she was done and we will go back next week. She did tell me a day after the testing that on reading / language tests she is scoring around the third or fourth grade. I gasped when she told me. She isn't even scheduled to start K until September.

So far, they seem to be leaning away from the WPPSI, but it seems to me everything is secretive. I ask what they plan on doing and what tests they are giving, and can't seem to get a straight answer. Two consultants came in after the first meeting with my DD when they were merely doing some tests of attention and said that she simply could not attend the public school we were planning on attending and was gifted and bored to tears from repetitive things. This was before we got the achivement testing feedback. We still have more to do including math. She is stronger in reading and I strangely hope she scores at a lower grade (is that a normal response?) Now we are looking into Montessori for K (there will not be any students older than 6 there), but have not given up on the public school though our public school says they never grade skip and has very limited gifted programing. I guess I keep hoping it will work... I'm still in denial that she is gifted.