I don't have my son's results in front of me, but he was just tested using the KABC-II and most of his scores fell in the high one-teens to low to mid one-twenties, with the "knowledge" portion being 138. The psychologist said he had some behavior issues during the test (unfocused, kept interrupting and talking, etc) and that his scores were probably a bit higher.

He has consistently scored in the 99th percentile of his MAP reading and math tests (except for one time getting a really low score in reading, but I/we think it was due to behavior that day). They test with MAP three times a year, so he's taken it five times (he's in second grade).

He has been diagnosed with ADHD, Sensory Integration Disorder, and Anxiety. And after the psychoeducational eval done by the school, with reading and writing disabilities. He is on grade level in reading, but below in writing.

He is a very curious child and his verbal skills are excellent. He's very witty and can apply what he has learned (and learns in a flash) very easily and naturally. Excellent memory.

I'm just wondering if a school psychologist giving this test usually gets accurate results, if his sensory problems and ADHD could be part of the reason why he didn't get higher numbers, why is the "knowledge" score so much higher than the rest, and is this common...

I have a lot of questions that the school psychologist just couldn't answer. I'd love to take him for an independent eval, but it's just not in our budget right now.

Also, he seems to read much better - perform much better when given a computerized test. Any ideas why?

Any thoughts?

Last edited by chekhov_liszt; 03/31/11 11:21 AM.