Originally Posted by Dottie
And it looks to me like this is a case in point of someone still using the older software, as those numbers match up very nicely with my 2.0 version.

She's sending the report directly to Davidson, and I'll let them sort it out between them smile Hopefully Broad Reading will still be above the 145 cut-off even with the new scoring.

The AE/GE numbers do mean something, but they are not the end all. Yes, he's reading at a level of your average 10 year old, which is a totally different child than the one you have. There is of course much more to reading than a brief test such as this, but it's definitely worth at least putting the information out there. He's very obviously well advanced of your typical K student.

This is really complicated! So if I understand it right, he did as well in this test as an average 10 year old would, but that does not mean he can read what is required of a 10 year old in 4th/5th grade?

In math, for instance, given the questions asked he did as well as a 7.5 year old would, but a 7.5 year old may know tons of things (or a 2nd grade curriculum may have many topics) that DS knows nothing about? I guess what I'm trying to figure out is how comprehensive is the test across basic grade level curriculum? If my son scores at 7.5 age equivalent in math, can I assume that he knows most of the things 6 year olds are taught in first grade?