New to the site and relieved to "see" my son in so many posts!

Long story short, DS10 has qualified in Reading (via MAP), but just missed in Math (our district requires both for TAG programming) for last 2 years. He is a gifted artist so we finally requested the Torrence on which he did very well and now gets pull-together programming 1x a week. He has since qualified in Math as well.

Last week at conferences, his teacher, who has been a great advocate for him, mentioned that he can come across as "thinking he's better/smarter than everybody else." She also mentioned that he acts "like a little adult" most of the time. I'm not sure exactly what to do with that information. He has been "a little adult" since he was born, it's just who he is. He does well socially in his own peer group, but he does prefer the company of adults or the kids in his TAG group.
What concerns me most is the teacher's comment that he is coming off as being arrogant or superior to his classmates. When we spoke to him about her comment, he seemed confused. He assured us he doesn't brag about being in TAG classes and has always said he hated when someone says an assignment is "soooo easy", etc. He is not always the most self-aware of his tone and body-language so it is possible that he is giving off unintentional "signals." However, since he academically more advanced than his classmates, I'm wondering if others think he is "showing off" simply because he's always first to finish an assignment or know an answer.

Has anyone else had this issue? We obviously don't want him to be arrogant about his gifted-ness, but I certainly don't want him to feel like he has to pretend he's not smart just to fit in.

Thanks! Trish