Originally Posted by st pauli girl
I just made DS7 rewrite a paragraph he wrote because he did not leave any spaces between the words.
Thanks
Hi SPG!
Buy the Handwriting without Tears Print book.
Then sit with him for 5 minutes each school day and both of you do it.
Let him make the smiley faces under the 3 best letters you made and you make the smiley face under the 3 best letters he made.

If you want to save on postage - order "The Print Tool" and analyse your own printing just to get used to using it. And if DS wanders past and wants to know what you are up to, and try using the funny clear sheets to analyse family members handwriting, and maybe even his own, that's all good.

I know it can be alarming to see a paragraph without spaces between the words, but my kid's brain can be a bit 'stickly' at times, and at that age he was convinced that one should use the whole page, and didn't want to hear otherwise about margins or any such thing. Even when I showed him the red line on notebook paper and asked him what it was for.

Remember that the work you do with him may not show any effect for a few years - but he may well be able to leap ahead overnight a year or two from now. (Or he may be dyslexic - hard to know)

In the meanwhile - work on core muscle strength, arm strength, hand strength, finger strength - clay and crochet and washing the dishes and mud forts and painting miniature figurines - all the normal stuff that our computer kids miss. And start laying a foundation for touchtyping!!!

Love and More Love,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com