Hi all,

I am really hoping for some "been there, done that" stories. We have 4 kids. My oldest is a HG 10 1/2 yr old. He has fairly severe anxiety and mild ADHD. He is in a FT GT program that we LOVE. He has TERRIFIC friends and very happy.

My dh needed to move on with career so we are moving across the country in a few months. To NC from the midwest. My ds will be in another GT program just like he is now. So far as school goes it will remain the same. Although, the program is located in a more diverse type of city school than he's used to. It might be a bit of culture shock. He'll begin 5th grade next year.

My main concern is his anxiety. He is devasted about the move. Scared of leaving friends, making new ones, etc. Upset that my husband wouldn't just stay at his current company (even though the environment there continues to go down hill.) DS can't imagine he's going to make as good of friends, etc.

My husband (Mr. Analytical) thinks that ds will be just fine once we are settled. ds's therapist also said that most of this is "anticipatory anxiety" and that it will be easier after the move.

I'm not so convinced he will be ok. Maybe I'm just too emotionally connected. I don't know. I am worried sick about my ds (obviously his anxiety was inherited from his mama....)

On top of it all, I am left to parent all the kids for a few months since dh went on ahead of us. I am really struggling to believe it will all be ok for my kids. Especially the oldest. Any advice?

Thanks!