TGC astronomy course is on its way to my house! grin

I realized, as I was looking at other materials there, that "Our Night Sky" (the stargazing/backyard astronomy course) was probably a good one-- for my DD-- as well. It didn't get the glowing reviews... because apparently most people wanted MORE coverage of constellations and less of the history/cultural mythology associated with them.

<lightbulb> This is precisely the sort of thing that lights DD's fire; she has been in love with Egyptian and Greek mythology since she was a toddler. Besides, I realized that buying that astronomy course now and making her wait to use it until January of next year (as much as it was necessary now since it was on sale); well, that's almost cruel. This will give her something to 'chew' on as soon as she is finished with her spring coursework. I won't buy a text until this summer, because good quality used ones are considerably cheaper in June-July.

She's also been investigating how the different types of telescopes work, and she's very interested in the Galileoscope from an optics perspective, if not for the ability to use it for actual astronomical observations.

She's really been struggling with motivation lately, so this was a much-needed boost for her. smile

I'll definitely let others know how both courses fare with her.

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.