I am interested in feedback or experiences of those who have had multiple gradeskips or have children that have had multiple gradeskips. I am thinking in terms of 2+ years of full grade acceleration, positive or negative experiences.

We are currently in the process of deciding whether or not to accelerate our DS6 again and are torn about what to do. He is clearly a PG child all around and we are not at all concerned that he won't be able to keep up academically. He is currently in a 2nd grade classroom at 6yo (turns 7 in the summer) after skipping K. He also goes to a 4th grade classroom for math and receives 4th and 5th grade work for math, spelling words that are probably middle school level, and reading comprehension at 4/5 grade level. Next year he will be going to a 6th grade class for math. The school recently threw out there that they are considering another grade skip for next year and wanted to know what we thought about moving him to 4th grade and then still having him go to 6th for math. They didn't say much more about it as he was close to me as they talked to me (intently reading a book), but they said they would talk more at our next meeting next month. DS6 is an extroverted kid, but really doesn't have any good friends in 2nd at all. He doesn't really relate to the kids well because they have such different interests, but does try at times (by asking them questions about pokeman and things he is not interested in just to have conversations with them). He does want to have friends at school. He is a very easy going kid. One of our concerns is gym class (I know how ridiculous that sounds, but we are a little concerned about him playing in a gym with kids 2-3 years older). We just want to make sure we make the right decision, which is so hard sometimes. So that is our story and what we are trying to figure out. Any thoughts or experiences would be much appreciated.