Originally Posted by BWBShari
Howler! Are you sure my son isn't related?? Although he does the screeching, not me. He has to complain about his homework, every day for at least a 1/2 hr before he gives up and just does it. Often, his tantrum takes longer than the work!

The funny part is, that he'll complain mightily about his geometry, then be seen playing math game on the computer an hour later. For him, I swear it's the lack of control that pisses him off. He's more than happy to do it, he just doesn't want anyone telling him he has to!

Oh my.

I could have written that, too. blush Some days she does the majority of the screeching (punctuated by stomping, hair flipping, and pointed sighing).

That entire "tantrum takes longer than the work" aspect is pretty amazing to see in action, isn't it??

Her personality is such that I simply do not worry about "crushing" her innate drive. Not possible, dude. wink

I do worry tremendously about the strength of that oppositional streak, though-- because being non-compliant just for the sake of contrariness earns a lot of bad things in life.

I figure if we aren't successful in getting her to understand the wisdom of tempering that impulse, someone with a lot less personal attachment to her is eventually going to do it for us, and it's bound to be a lot more traumatic. But I'm just a dumb adult. What do I know? whistle

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.