I suggest he say, "you're here to help or you're here to hinder, and if you're going to hinder me I've got no use for you.". Just fit it into the conversation sometime. Also when the other boy gets upset tell your boy to say, we can't talk about this now, we'll talk about it later. I'm busy. I'll see you later.". But then tell him never to really talk about it later. Talk to the boy later, but only as kids having fun, ie, on good terms. On ds' terms. Ds is a school kid, not a licensed therapist. He can only offer friendship and only in a healthy way.

Your boy already had a problem being bullied and now this. He doesn't need this. Victim and rescuer is an unhealthy relationship. See this: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karpman_drama_triangle?wasRedirected=true

I know that we all have friends that were made "when we both needed a friend.". I have a couple of friendships like that. They are over a decade long and are strong relationships. But wether this friendship will last or not ds can not learn bad relationship patterns right now just before he starts dating, of all times. Just because he doesn't want to rescue a victim doesn't make him a cold heartless blank-blank. It doesn't even mean he can't be friends with the boy. It just means that ds will only keep healthy relationships. The friend will adjust or hit the road. "You know where I'll be if you ever get your head out of your" ....I need to clean up my Jerry springer language and go read some literature so I can share my thoughts but sound more like a mother should. Oi

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar