MON, your son's symptoms are mirror my son's. Seemingly no language issues. In my son's case, good pronunciation even. Yes, sometimes twisted pronunciation because he too picks up a lot from reading so much, but he does correct with the exception of 2 words (you're right in that it's been years on the wrong pronunciation for these 2!). Also, the oversensitivity to sound. He hates sounds that come on loudly, like the flushing of the toilet. School assembly was a torture that left him, in the words of the teacher, dazed. He's picked up the violin and yup, rhythm is non existent. When told to accompany the teacher playing on the piano, he gets completely confused about when to start amd how to continue.

Reading through mich's post, Im now wondering about language processing. School spelling tests were always great because he has a good memory. These days at home, he loves to write up his observations on math and science. His spelling is a disaster! His handwriting has improved tremendously but is still glued together. I'm thinking of putting him on a keyboard sooner rather than later. I'm not correcting because it's so great to see him get used to the idea of putting his thoughts down on paper.

Absolutely, you have to look for CAPD specialized audiologists. Our local hospital was supposed to have one, but even then, they turned him away on the basis of an interview and a *hearing* screen. Well, he has perfect hearing. CAPD had nothing to do with hearing as you would have found out.