My daughter (4th grade) was all over the board on the Stanford 10. Math was all in the 90th percentile for National PR-S. Here is the breakdown:
Total Reading 66-6
Word Study Skills 29-4
Reading Vocabulary 83-7
Reading Comprehension 82-7

Why would they still be checking phonetic awareness in 4th grade?

My 2nd grader took the PALS test and failed miserably at the beginning of this year. The "not-very-knowledgeable" teacher recommended to the assistant principal and principal that this little girl be put back in 1st grade. Ridiculous. I asked about her DRA reading level. They were clueless. She had only started out the year in this grade for 2 weeks before the recommendation and they had not assessed her reading level. It turned out that she was reading solidly at the 2nd grade level, possibly higher since she did not get frustrated with the test they administered. Her math was on the 3rd grade level. Sometimes these schools will bulldoze right over you if you don't do your due diligence beforehand. I can't imagine telling my daughter "I know you did the work but you have to repeat the 1st grade". I hope this helps. Many gifted children also do not do well on multiple choice tests for these reasons: looking for more difficult answer (one that is not so obvious), distractions in the room, thinks outside the box (many gifted children), etc. My children typically don't do well on comprehension tests because of the "out of the box" thinking. My 2nd grader was allowed to stay but only after I requested another 2nd grade teacher. She is doing fine now.