Thank you Acculady, ColinsMum and Tallulah! It already feels better just having someone to talk with about this!

It is important to both her and her brother to be together. They are close and really like being in the same school. They know the same kids and teachers and talk about what goes on in PE and Music. DS is very social and knows everyone in the school practically, bright in his own right (but at grade level or slightly above) and I don't feel overshadowed by DD.

DD does wrestle with piano. That's the one place where she learns to stay calm and take a problem apart and work it until she figures it out. And she loves it.

She takes Chinese because that's her birth country and I figure that's key to identity development. She likes her teacher but it's not too rigorous...no homework.

She's very interested in sewing and design, and has been for years. I can't sew to save my life so from time to time we do a 4-week sewing lesson session with a neighborhood woman who guides groups of kids through projects.

So life is crammed right now. She loves piano. She likes Chinese and it's important to her. She plays a lot and reads and just messes around. I don't want to load her up, but I do want the time she spends at school to be put to good use.

I'm going to watch the Ruscyzyk talk now.

Thanks again for the company on this journey! Can't talk to my usual "circle" about it because they aren't really there with their kids.