Originally Posted by Lori H.
I have almost every morning for years looking for answers.

I'm wondering what form this looking has been taking. It strikes me that age 12 he's not had any of what most of what kids with hypotonia usually have. By age 12 most kids would have been in therapy for over ten years. And, he's just now getting the sort of medical workup typically done very early in life.

Only a small fraction of kids with mild hypotonia like he has ever get a diagnosis. And, even at that the "answer" tends to be the same as for kids who don't get a diagnosis. The answer is: therapy, hard work, setting realistic goals, clean diet, supplements, stress reduction, positive thinking, sleep, and building strength. This may not be the most inspiring or gratifying answer because it isn't perfect and it doesn't erase all the problems. But, it does offer the prospect of living a good life.

Originally Posted by Lori H.
The frequent migraines and continuing problems with the brace are the reason I stay in the back of the classes he is in as a parent volunteer and it is working well.

When do you think he will be capable of spending an hour in a class without you? How will you know he's capable if he doesn't try it? It seems you were really skeptical of his ability to handle a lot of parts of this class and he proved you wrong.