I have another question for all the wise posters here.

Would love to hear thoughts on this. We homeschool in a low regulation state so I'm basically able to use any curriculum I want--I just need to have a solid transcript for college apps.

My 7th grade son has dyslexia/dysgraphia so we could really some extra time in our school day.

From what I'm reading, his ACT English score would allow him to skip Freshman english at some colleges. Could I possibly get by transcript-wise by doing the same in our homeschool high school? We'll still be doing plenty of writing and literature, but I'd love to drop a formal English curriculum to buy us some time to persue other needs and interests.

The Reading and Science scores were around the same percentile, could this give us any freedom in our curriculum planning?

I've been so conditioned to believe that I have to do a traditional transcript with a massive portfolio showing his work in the usual high school course load that I'm not able to think beyond that. Is it all all possible that I could chart my own course from this point because he has shown 'mastery' of the basics (according to the traditional college readiness standards) in Reading and English? We'd still follow the usual Science route since the ACT measures science differently.

Thanks for any input--I really appreciate it! I'd love to drop our formal English and Reading curriculums to work on other goals.

Indy

Last edited by Indy; 12/15/10 05:34 PM.